|Robot and Monster|
|Created by||Dave Pressler|
Joshua Sternin, and Jeffrey Ventimilia
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Animation Studios|
|Original airing||August 4, 2012|
Robot and Monster is an American animated series created by David Pressler, Josh Sternin and Jeff Ventimilia. It premiered August 4, 2012. It began production in 2009 and was ordered for a full 26-episode season in 2010.
Working at the Blinking Light Factory is basic for Mechanicals and Organics, but Robot and Monster make an odd couple, since Robot is serious and Monster is always goofy, but that doesn't keep them from being best friends. They do everything together, such as testing gadgets out, dreaming of JD, taking care of their pet Marf, avoiding both the annoying Ogo and Robot's arrogant brother Gart, and eating tons of bacon.
Cast and characters
- Robot (Curtis Armstrong)(Robot) is an orange robot that is the main protagonist of the show that is the Quality Control Inspector at the Blinking Light Factory. Robot always feels like the world is trying to keep him down, even his know-it-all brother Gart doesn't help at all. Luckily, after meeting Monster, who believes in him all the way, Robot is now best friends with Monster.
- Monster (Harland Williams)(Monster) is a purple minotaur-like monster with a floating bowler hat on his head and the show's deuteragonist. Monster is the eternal optimist living by the motto that "Good things happen to good people," and that all people are good. Monster is an extremely outgoing Organic that is endlessly fascinated by the little things in life. Monster is driven to make everyone happy, and the need to explore the "shiny thing." But because of Monster's fascination with the world, he is very easy to fool. Unlike Robot, Monster feels like everything goes his way, although it doesn't, making him a very good friend to have around.
- Marf (Curtis Armstrong)(Marf) is a pet of Monster. He is a block of metal that acts like a dog, and only says "marf".
- Gart (Maurice LaMarche)(Gart) is Robot's evil, arrogant, overbearing older brother and his supervisor. He runs their father's Blinking Light factory. He is the main antagonist of the show.
- J.D. (Megan Hilty)(JD) is a cool, rebellious biker chick whose best friend is her equally hip robotic bike, Spitfire (Cree Summer)(Spitfire).They are inseparable best friends and regulars at the local bacon joint, Makin' Bacon. JD can be hot-headed at times, while Spitfire is more rational and willing to avoid fights. Both Monster and Robot have crushes on JD and Spitfire. JD can be a little bossy, and Spitfire can be rude.
- Ogo (Jonathan Slavin)(Ogo) is the third wheel of Robot and Monster's friendship. He constantly tries to involve himself in the duo's doings, and just can't seem to grasp that he isn't part of the team. Ogo has been known to survive near death experiences.He is the most annoying of the series.
- Perry (Maurice LaMarche)(Perry) is a robot co-worker of Robot and Monster's. He always has a smile on his face, but it's due to a function problem. The only thing that makes him genuinely happy is Robot's misfortunes.
- Globitha (Cree Summer)(Globitha) is Monster's hyperactive child sister who has a large (and annoying) affection towards Robot (Much to Monster's jealousy).
- Crikey (Nolan North) is a British robot who speaks in a Cockney accent. He also has an identical twin cousin named Blimey and usually torments Robot and Monster. He is disappointed when others make fun of his mohawk, especially Grandma, and is creeped out (much like R&M are) by Ogo.